Open Positions for Tabor City, NC
Open Positions for Mullins, SC
The DC Fulfillment Center Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing various work task duties in support of successfully processing of customer orders correctly and on time.
- Performs material handling (including, but not limited to: receiving, unloading, stocking shelves and performing inventory cycle counts), order picking, packing and shipping using modern and sophisticated distribution methods and work processes.
- Performs work tasks in compliance with standard operating procedures while ensuring the work is done within the required performance metrics and to the expected level of quality.
- Embraces cross training activities that promotes a flexible work force capable of shifting to meet the labor demands of the DC operation.
- Tracks and records daily work performance achievements within the Labor Tracker Metrics System.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives guided towards achieving higher levels of efficiency.
- Observes and complies with company established rules and policies that ensure a safe and productive work environment for everyone.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace by ensuring compliance standards are met and PPE is always adhered too.
- Operates all powered industrial trucks and equipment in a manner that ensures the safety of the operator and that of others working in and around the same areas.
- Understands the importance of an acceptable attendance record and makes best efforts limit their impacts and disruptions to the operations due to excessive absences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Modern DC Fulfillment warehouse facility utilizing various styles and types of equipment and technology to ensure efficient, accurate and timely processing of customer orders.
- High level of automation and mechanized material handling equipment
- The company emphasizes quality, safety, and accuracy over just speed.
- Physical requirements – Significant standing, walking through the warehouse, and consistent lifting (up to 50 Lbs.) of products is required. Use of carton knifes, taping equipment, automated strappers, pallet wrappers, carts, and various other small hand tools.
Education and/or Work/Skill Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum one to three years direct warehouse experience in a fast-paced manufacturing or distribution environment where small parcel and LTL/LT customer order processing occurs
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer and technology usage skills required
- Familiarity with distribution software systems highly preferred
- Strong communication, both written and verbal with equally strong interpersonal skills required
Under the direction of the Director of Product Manager; the Rework Specialist will repair manufacturing defect problems identified with products sold by DMA. This work will primarily take place in the Product Recovery Department located at the Mullins Distribution Center.
Working Environment Includes:
- The Company has seen explosive growth year over year for the past three years and expected to double its size again by 2019.
- The workplace is a fast-paced requiring an extremely high level of organizational and multi-tasking capabilities.
- The right individual must enjoy working metrics driven performance environment.
- Read and following an instruction plan identifying the repairs to be made and approved methods to repair products.
- Operate air and electric power tools such as drills and grinders.
- Use hand tools such as socket wrenches, screwdrivers and pallet jacks.
- Operate bushing press and coil spring compression machines.
- Use measurement tools such as rulers, angle gauge, calipers.
- Understand the operation and correctly use a torque wrench.
- Open product cartons without damage and reclose the cartons.
- Reading part numbers on the end of the cartons and on the product.
- Keeping time records and count data on the number of parts repaired.
- Make sure parts are clean and paint touched up on repairs.
- The position requires the ability to lift up to to 50 pounds from a floor level pallet.
- Work in a repair team coordinating repair work for productivity and quality workmanship.
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment organized and serviced. Maintain a clean work area.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving
- Working with tools, machines and warehouse equipment.
- Work with other DMA team members assigned to assist with the rework process in a positive manner.
- Ability to look at product defect issues and advise the Director of Product Management on repair techniques and options.
- On occasion; commute to other DMA locations to perform evaluation and repair work.
- High School diploma, Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in warehouse equipment operations